Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Welcome!

We all know that Art is not truth.  Art is a lie that makes us realize truth, at least the truth that is given us to understand.  The artist must know the manner whereby to convince others of the truthfulness of his lies.  ~Pablo Picasso

We tell stories about our world and our understanding.  The stories reflect our concerns and fears, our loves and secret desires, our pasts and our futures.  

This blog is my story.  Mostly an opportunity to reflect on the things that concern me as a storyteller: as an art historian, as a teacher, as a liberal Democrat, as an Episcopalian Christian,  as a gardener, as a parent, as a wife.  It isn't necessarily about your stories but I hope as I read and learn from the readers that it will reflect some of your experience and teach me new stories.

1 comment: